Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Systems [crashing] of a down or something

Piano was recently tuned and I am re-excited about playing piano again! That made no sense! Let me explain! Exclamation marks! But first! School happenings!

Today the Internet on our school computers died and my friend and I only got to identify two out of ten organisms that we discovered in our pond water/scum. And then the entire system crashed. Woopdedoodah for nonreliable school computers! Google didn't even work. GOOGLE! The embodiment of the Internet!

Also, my last period class only had about 16 kids. The rest of the class was out at baseball and track meets/games. Huzzah huzzah for spring sports. I don't think I'd ever have the stamina to do spring sports. I mean, (hectic sports sched)+(lots of tests and AP exams in spring)+(my annoying procrastination)+(my hectic sched)+(homework)=unhappy and totally stressed out ME!

Now, onto piano: when I first started as a wee lassie, I was totally gung-ho about it and practiced it tons without having my mother yell/tell me to go practice. Then, as I got older, I practiced only as much as I needed to, and dreaded my practice sessions (not that they were boring, but I just didn't like practicing when someone told me to, you know?). But, the cycle soon turned full circle, and as of some time in middle school, I started liking piano again! I think it was sometime after I read Gilda Joyce: The Ghost Sonata, by Jennifer Allison. It made piano seem mysterious and cool and exciting again.

2 comments:

N3WYORKD3VIL said...

I know what you mean about the piano practicing. But all I can play is Mary had a little lamb and Ode to Joy. It is NOT joyful! It sounds like an organ at a funeral!

Jinnyd said...

Hmmm....maybe if you play "Ode to Joy" fast enough it'll start sounding joyful? I dunno. I should try that sometime!