Monday, May 10, 2010

Biology: the fun class where you get to watch AVATAR

Bad blogger! Bad! Inconsistent posting! Too much time between posts! Ahem. Self-beration will now cease and desist.

I feel like blogging today, and will try not to make this a filler post.

School happenings: State science tests this week. Bleh. What in the world is a cladogram? Apparently we have to know that for the test. Meh. The state's only been administering the science tests for a couple years, and already they're a drag. But with testing comes a few good-ish things! In biology we're watching AVATAR which is AWESOME (well, the first 50 or so minutes is. And have you noticed how cool Avatar looks when it's all in caps? Like the A and V are making this secret tribal hieroglyphic code or something. This makes sense in my mind). And we are actually taking our comprehensive all-year final this week, instead of the last week of school. Which means one less final to study for (yay...?).

I have finally checked out Confessions of a Serial Kisser from my school library! Which means I'm going to procrastinate on studying the abovementioned state science tests. Not a good thing.

Boy, when Ms. Van Draanen said that she was going to write a book about kissing, she sure went all out. Evangeline, the main character, seems to be entirely focused on one goal: getting her "crimson kiss". And she does the most outrageous things in her search for it!

P.S. The avatars in Avatar are MUCH MUCH HUGER than I thought they would be. I thought that they would just be blue versions of normal humans. WRONG! They're about twice as tall and yeah. HUGE. Short people like me are afraid of HUGE things. But it's an awesome movie! So far! Hopefully until the end! James Cameron likes his 3-hour long movies, doesn't he? [Titanic, Avatar, etc....]

4 comments:

N3WYORKD3VIL said...

Tsk, tsk, tsk. You need to post more. I post at least once a week, sometimes more. I just finished posting TWICE! I never study. I know, I know. I'm reeaaallly lazy. Buuut. The internet is my life! Tests. Uuugh. They're terrible. Especially when you don't study for them.

Jinnyd said...

Tests are a draaaaag. I wish I had more time to blog. Sometimes I get post ideas, but usually I'm doing something else at the same time, and I forget them!! Gaaaahhhhh. You're so lucky that you ain't in high school yet. ENJOY THE PRE-HS YEARS! ENJOY THEM. NOW. BEFORE THEY ARE GONE. That sounds really cheesy but it is actually true.

Gledwood said...

hey you don't need to fight yourself; i was terminally shy at your age now people don't believe it
you will grow out of it

revise for that test! else you'll end up shovelling **** for a living!!!

Jinnyd said...

The tests actually weren't that bad! Overstudying gives me a fuzzy feeling inside after I've taken the test.

Thanks for the comment, Gledwood! My mother was apparently very shy when she was my age. And now, whenever we go somewhere, she's always yapping it up with her friends. I have hope!