Thursday, May 20, 2010

4-D ness: change over time: derivatives in real life (oh boy my brain is still on calculus...the ap test is over...WHY?????)

Just wanna dance to "Valentino"
by Diane Birch.

Man, that song is so good for moving around. The first few seconds are practically DRAGGING you out of your seat and onto your feet (oooh punny rhyme ahaha). "Whooo oooh, whooo oooo."

I really like things that change over time, I guess, even though I don't really like big change and wish that I lived in Victorian England. But then I remember the INTERNET and COMPUTERS and YOUTUBE and feel content here in good ol' 21st century USA. Anyway, what I'm saying is that I like watching movies and listening to music and watching dance performances because they're ALIVE and MOVING and just so much more here than stable things, you know?

Take Alexander Calder's mobiles, for instance. If given enough breeze, they'll change shape every minute! They're always turning, twisting, moving up, down, or sideways and turning into myriads upon myriads of thought-inducing shapes.

And dance is just fun (and by dance, I DO NOT MEAN the type of dancing at school dances, where all you do is wiggle yourself to the beat and maybe jump up and down a little). Especially when you LEAP across the stage or floor or room.

Music is also moving across the realm of time. And so do movies and plays and other performances.

Time is the most precious resource we have. Don't you even dare waste it, but it's good to slow things down for a little while and JUST DANCE, IT'S GONNA BE OKAY.

6 comments:

N3WYORKD3VIL said...

I don't dance. I look RIDICULOUS. Like Sammy and Casey. Even worse poossibly. the closest thing that I have ever done to dancing is hula hooping to my iPod. In the summer. Mostly to Lady Gaga. And Ke$ha. And 3Oh!3. And-Imma just stop here before I make a detailed list of all the songs on my iPod.

Jinnyd said...

It's okay to look redonkulous if you're having fun! (like Sammy and Casey!)

N3WYORKD3VIL said...

I don't get how Sammy can act like that in front of a guy she like, especially when he's just as bad. *sigh* I guess its just love.

N3WYORKD3VIL said...

Can you pleeeeaaasssee update this blog? I need to have an excuse for myself when I'm not posting anything. Like for instance. Mt fanmail blog thingy. It would take sooooooo long to make ONE post. I'm not that fast of a typer, y'know? And it took me forevrrrrrr to make one single post even though there were only five comments on that one teeny little blog post. That blog is sooo lucky that its fun to make. If it wasn't...pow! To the moon!

Anonymous said...

Valentino is a good song. And if you saw me dance, you would scream and never come within five miles of me. I don't even have fun dancing, so I never do it. I'm so lazy.

Jinnyd said...

I apologize for my sudden disappearing act! I blame colds.