Monday, August 16, 2010

RESOLUTIONS and Back to School-centric posting!

Methinks the going-back-to-class process has already started. We're picking up our schedules (and thus getting our pictures taken for our school I.D.s) tomorrow, and today was the first day of school tennis practice. Ugh, I'm quite out of shape for tennis. Not too bad, but not really good, either. Doesn't help that the JV coach this year is also the girl's track coach. Sigh... must get used to running. Running can be fun, I suppose, but I personally prefer biking better. Maybe because I'm a terrible distance runner? And can only do sprints? Ja?

I suppose this calls for a back-to-school resolution list. Yes! I will do that. And then go choose what to wear for picture day tomorrow. Procrastination is not helpful. At all.

School Year Resolutions, 2010-2011:
1. Be faithful and diligent in my Quiet Times (basically daily Bible studying).
2. Do Quiet Times in the morning, every day (we'll see how this goes).
3. DO NOT procrastinate. Especially on projects involving gluing things to a poster board.
4. To finish my story, if not finished by first day of school.
5. Journal more often (no, blogging doesn't count).
6. Practice more piano. And violin.
7. Blog wisely.

There, I think seven's a good number. I hope that I'll be able to remember these. Well, have a happy August! I hope that you've all had a good or passable summer, and wish you luck on adjusting from summer to school. In the meantime, live summer out to the fullest while you still can! So cheesy, but most cheesy things are mostly true.

3 comments:

N3WYORKD3VIL said...

I WISH I could have a happy August. My last month of freedom before Sept 9. It'll be the same old-same old. Internet, church in a language I don't know, suckish birthday, more church in different language, INternet, uniform shopping...

Elizabeth said...

This was a great post, and a great idea. Your resolutions list sounds good :). I just made one of my own, do you mind if I do a similar post on my blog (and of course give you credit and post a link to your blog:). It's a smart way to start the school year :). And yes, most cheesey things are mostly true XD.

Jinnyd said...

N3WYORKD3VIL: I dare you to do something you like to do! Something fun, and not the same-old stuff. It won't be long until our spare time is going to be stuffed with homework, but, um, let's not think about that right now.

Elizabeth: sure, that'd be fine! I wish you luck to complete all of your resolutions. :-D