Monday, August 30, 2010

More listage!

School is commencing in a matter of days. Single digit days, to be exact (bleh). And so I've been reminded (by the dear old companion known commonly as the "calendar") that I haven't exactly done anything to get ready for school, except for get a new backpack and get my schedule. Which leads us to...

THINGS I MUST DO BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS
1. Get all school supplies ready (i.e., notebooks, writing utensils, writing utensil holders, calculator, file folder thingy, etc.).
2. Go "back to school" shopping. If there's time.
3. Finish reading The Fellowship of the Ring. By Friday, preferably.
4. Finish reading Out of the Silent Planet, by C.S. Lewis. I'm so close! I can taste it! (erm...)
5. Finish reading Twelfth Night, by our favourite Bard, William Shakespeare (no idea why I decided to go all British there).
6. Finish reading The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Or at least get halfway through.
7. Read an Anton Chekhov short story. Or five.

Yeah...so half of it is the remainder of my summer reading list (assigned by me), and the first two are really the only ones that are consequential to the purpose of that list. Hmmm.. (NTS: stop making lists of things that have nothing to do with the list title!)

No comments: