Friday, July 2, 2010

"Chairwoman of the Bored"

"Chairwoman" because "Chairgirl" just sounds wrong and "Chairfemale" sounds even more wrong.

And the "of the Bored" because of this.

Lots of people like to announce when they are bored, me being one of them. "I'M BOOOORRREEDDDDDDDDDDD," I'll intone randomly. But surely none of my bored phases have descended into the deepest, darkest parts of boredom, which actually aren't that boring after all.

Because you can always bore your way out of them. With a nuclear-powered power drill.

And then, usually, in these voyages into the pit of boreDOOM, people will say a bunch of random things that have nothing to do with what they just said a few seconds earlier.

Like avocados. And very short paragraphs. And I don't think that was supposed to make any sense.

IGUDESMAN AND JOO!!!

Remember, you can always Google what you don't understand.

If the thing that is masked is already known by everybody, then is it truely masked?

Why is a raven like a writing desk? (some say they both have inky bills, but I think they both have binky ills.)

Riverdancing violinists are cool!

Okay, this post has really gotten out of hand. I meant to provide a commentary on the precepts and preconcieved notions of the phases people go through during which they announce their feeling of mild ennui, but I see now that I have given in to the siren's call of apathy.

I hope that none else have succumbed to this dreadful and extremely frightening creature. If you do ever come across it, remember to always scream and run away.

With all due respect,
Lemony J. Snicket

2 comments:

N3WYORKD3VIL said...

We're all bored. I just posted something from Facebook on my blog.
DO WHAT O_O
When did you turn into my therapist?
Karen keeps going on and on about how me and Mark are perfect for each other...SHE'S WRONG!

JD said...

lol... but interesting ^^