Friday, July 16, 2010

PIANO CAMP IS FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME

Yeah, was MIA for the past week or so because of this awesome piano camp! So much practicing, almost everyone there was better than me, I must go practice some more...

Anyway, to sum the whole experience up: basically, it's just increased my love for piano, if it even existed before then. I know more about music, definitely, and now know how to listen to long sonatas and concertos and symphonies without falling asleep (especially when the orchestra or the soloist is REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD).  

So, a new appreciation for music (and its history--I found that I quite like the Impressionists, in both paintings and music. GO DEBUSSY!!!), a new drive to practice and improve my abilities, and possibly a new teacher (who will help me with the latter). 

Music is definitely my most favorite thing about being human. It can say so much, it can be funny, silly, serious, a mix of all of them (cough BEETHOVEN cough)--it is just totally, epicly, completely, awesome.

1 comment:

JD said...

LOL that's how I feel about music too!