Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Goals, Summer 2010

I need to organize my crazy thoughts and make sense of a few things I want to do by the end of the summer. Hopefully I'll actually be able to do some of these things:

  1. Read my Bible every day! 
  2. Write a complete story, no matter how long, or how short. It just needs to have a complete beginning, middle, and end. And some character development! 
  3. Read lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots etc. etc. of BOOKS. Thank goodness for the freedom to have access to an awesome public library.
  4. Become more flexible, i.e. improve splits, back-bends, etc. etc.
  5. Journal lots. Attempt a daily habit.
  6. Learn the piano arrangements of "Discombobulate", by Hans Zimmer for the Sherlock Holmes 2009 movie soundtrack (SO EPICLY COOOOOL), "Alice's Theme" by Danny Elfman for the Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland soundtrack (ALSO EPICLY COOOOOL), and practice all of the exercise pieces that my piano teacher gives me.
  7. Survive piano camp.
  8. Practice violin! Lots! Improve vibrato! Learn tricky bowings! Etc.!
  9. Polish up HTML semi-skills, and learn CSS and maybe JAVA or PERL or Python or some other programming language.
  10. Knit a chain scarf. Ala Yokoo.
  11. Get into the habit of going to bed earlier and getting up earlier. Will help loads in the future. Or so my mum tells me.
  12. Read Shakespeare's plays. Especially A Midsummer Night's Dream. Gosh I love that play.
  13. Survive Driver's Ed. 

3 comments:

N3WYORKD3VIL said...

I loooooooove Shakespeare. Its awesome. And my library is closing :( Stupid budget cuts!

Jinnyd said...

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must FIGHT FOR YOUR LIBRARY! BOOKS FOREVER!!!!!

ahaha okay that was a bit overdramatic...

but this is serious! Is there nothing else that they can do?

JD said...

Thats terrible, newyorkangel! Surely somebody is fighting for it? JOIN THE CAUSE TO KEEP YR LIBRARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:O