Saturday, September 15, 2012

Tee minus nine times sixty minutes

Huzzah, I have maintained once-a-week posting for a successful two weeks! But seriously, I thought about posting earlier, but I was all homework and nothing creative happened in my brain. Except for choosing to complete a psych group activity in purple ink. But that's hardly creative.

Life is a swirl of college applications, scholarship applications, essays to be written that have nothing to do with school (I do not count college apps towards my school work, as it is not turned in for a grade. ooh I would be an awesome teacher. not really), and an imaginary list in my mind that consists of things I would absolutely LOVE to do/finish, but do not have the time for because of college apps, other apps, and homework. So my life this week has gone back to being tinged with the queasy tone of a yearning to accomplish great and creative things while chained to the cold cell of reality by my procrastinatory tendencies-combined-with-Internet. Or I am just going through another phase of information overload, when I have realized that I can do anything, and want to do everything, but must choose between everything because there are only twenty-four hours in a day, at least six of which must be devoted to sleeping so my brain does not go on strike.

So, in the spirit of trying to do things (both required by various organizations and not), I shall make a list of things I would like to do, very much, if I have the time:


  1. Write a collection of short stories. I have the ideas. They must go on real virtual paper.
  2. Draw birthday cards for all my friends. I like drawing, and my friends. This is an inevitable combination of the two.
  3. Practice piano. I am only writing it here because I really need to do so. Extremely.
  4. Learn Perl. Just because.
There, that isn't such a bad list, is it? I should have plenty of time to--OH MY GOSH IT IS MIDNIGHT AND I HAVE DONE NOTHING PRODUCTIVE.

I really hope that's not how today turns out to be. I've got nine hours. I've got to make them count.

No comments: