Saturday, September 8, 2012

Genesis

This is reintroduction to the blog, as I have some Very Defined Goals for it right now, after years of on-again-off-again posting as my whims dictated.

And so, presenting said Very Defined Goals!

1) Chronicle my last year of being in public (i.e. free) schooling FOREVER. Hooray for introspection and all that (and a psych class), with ramblings on school classes, school social constructs, college applications, and whatever else might pop into my brain as if it was the opposite of the birth of Athena!

2) Yeah, that's pretty much it.

I'm going to try to keep to a schedule of posting at least once a week, probably on Fridays, as I won't have to deal with immediate school homework deadlines.

And so, presenting the Very First Days!

School started normally enough. The first day was mostly a waste of time. The official day for all non-freshman started at around noon (not including the pointless pepfest that lasted for forty-five minutes), and ended around three hours later in a swirl of syllabi, seating assignments, and tales of summer activities/teachers' private lives. Except for calculus BC (which is really more like multivariable calc--it's complicated) when we started with REAL NOTES!! I think that is going to be my favorite class, even though I haven't done real math in such a long time and my problem solving skills have gone deeper underground than a badgermole.

The second day was the official first day, with full-length classes and all that exciting stuff. Lots more homework than I've ever gotten at the same time. My planner is looking like how it would usually look in the middle of a semester, not at the beginning. My sleep schedule is behaving likewise. Getting only five to six hours of sleep is not as fun anymore.

I learned all about microarray analysis. My mind is blown. DNA is infinitely more complicated than I ever imagined it to be. I love biochemistry.

The next day I gathered proof that my social skills are extremely sub-par (I think they went AWOL along with my problem solving skills). Makes me wonder how I will survive the independence required of a college student. (this could be fodder for a full-length post)

Friday's have gotten more and more appealing as my high school career progressed. I love Fridays now.

Well, that's it for now because my memory is shaky and I have piles and piles of homework waiting to teeter over and consume the electronic bits of my workspace (ooh, fancy). Thank goodness for typewriters.

No comments: