Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Quickly, now, I'm late!

A quick note: I changed my url back to astoldbycasey.blogspot.com

I know. YOU'RE SO FICKLE! JUST CHOOSE ONE AND STICK WITH IT ALREADY! But I guess I just feel sentiment with the original url. I don't know why. I don't let go of things easily, I guess. I nearly melt down when we traded in our old piano for a new one a few years ago. I KNOW I'M QUITE STRANGE.

I haven't been posting because I decided to go on a little hiatus, clear out my head, get away from the screen for a bit. Also maybe because I wanted to get away from the blogging community for a while (as is evidenced by my blow-up/rant post a few posts back).

Sometimes, things just get too overwhelming and your natural "hey what about ME" alarm goes off and calls a DEFCON 1. That's when the mudslide of jealousy and critical voice starts. "You're not good enough. You'll never be good enough. You should just pack up and call it a day. Forever."

A little like watered-down schizophrenia, although that's a really bad analogy because I know next to nothing about mental illnesses. And I don't mean to offend anyone who has a mental illness or knows someone who does! It's just me and my badly-researched figurative language.


No comments: