Sunday, October 17, 2010

I need more sleep

Hello again, after a month-long hiatus! It felt terrible to just leave the last post as a tagging one, and so here comes this post, after 30+ days!

School has been very...school-y. Homecoming week's come and gone (what kind of a theme is "Defying Gravity"?), with no particular regrets or disappointments, mainly because I did not participate in the crowded, bad-music filled gym that constituted the HC dance (although I did miss a live concert with Beethoven's Emperor Concerto, :-( but at least I have it on CD). An advanced class that I heard horror stories about in previous grades actually isn't so bad, and I really need to get working on my time management skills!

The afternoon bus that I ride has become completely populated by middle schoolers. They all either sit in a big cluster (ahahaah Statistics vocab ahahahaha okay school is getting to me) in the middle or back of the bus and spend the entire ride TALKING about things that they don't really understand, like why violins are so expensive. (MS-ers: "It's just a stick of wood and some hair!" Me, in my head: "NO IT'S NOT IT IS A VERY SOPHISTICATED BOWING INSTRUMENT AND I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU MAKE AN ENTIRE VIOLIN BY HAND!!!") But that's what everyone does--they talk about things they don't really understand, just so that they can maybe understand it a little better, or to find someone else who shares their opinion.

I have discovered that I love physics! As much as I can love something that I don't really understand. Yet. Even thought I'm not taking it as a class, I've checked out a book entitled "Basic Physics" (boy, you don't get any more obvious than that, eh?) from the library and am going to use it as the aloe to satisfy my burning need to understand HOW THE WORLD OPERATES. Can't wait for physics! And chemistry (the class I'm actually taking) is a blast, even though we aren't really told why anything happens. Yet. I hope.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I've been wondering how you were doing! Glad to hear from you :). I definitely need to work on my time management skills too, but I am getting a little better :/. Yes, Physics and Chemistry are awesome! Physics this year, and Chemistry last year, and Biology the year before that have been some of my favorite classes (alongside English and writing classes ;) ). It always cracks me up when people talk about something that they know NOTHING about… probably because if I wasn't laughing I'd feel like crying at the stupidity of it all! :-P. Oh, and I replied to your comment about the SAT/ACT stuff. I hope it helps some :). And I hope you're able to get more sleep soon!!!

Jinnyd said...

Thank you so much for your comment (both here and on your blog)! I wish you good fortune on your journey to better time management, too! :-)